Thursday, September 10, 2009

Ticket Day

I felt something was really going wrong with me. I have never lived a day without planning for my next day activity and today I completely lost myself. I went to office and munched some fruits and immediately one of colleague stopped by to discuss one critical issue raised by Taiwan last night. I tried to open my inbox to get the details and saw another serious mail dropped to my manager about this issue. I didn't worry much but felt we could have handled it little better. I was thinking what got messed up this time. It was a network issue and we weren't sure what sequence of steps the user followed to generate this issue. We had a quick meeting with our architect and finally planned for a sametime meeting with Taiwan users in the night. I saw another issue related to reports. I quickly had to fix those and move with my data load in PROD.

I was under the impression that data load is the most easiest job and boom I got an error. I didn't have the patience to debug the code and pinged one of my data load expert to give me some hint on this issue, she was even busier than me, and said it was next to impossible to help me out.
I had no option but to debug the code and finally figured out some data were missing. I fixed the issue and continued with other loads.
In the weekly status meeting I heard my name several times as I was mapped to many interesting task in the project. I was happy to be assigned to varied responsibilities, but sometimes I doubted my capabilities to perform those task.
In between I received a phone call from my rental office to collect my house key as I left it on the office desk today morning while giving the apartment vacating notice. I had to call one of friend to collect the key before the office closes by 4.30 P.M. I was feeling empty-bellied by 5P.M and had no energy to walk home. Feeling very jaded today.

No comments:

Post a Comment