Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Definition of Success

I was thought right from my childhood, no matter whether you fail or succeed just keep going. Many have their own definitions for success.
I was thinking for long what my definition for the word Success would be. I went through an article on "Success that lasts" forwarded by one of my friend.
According to the analysis given by the author, a person can call himself/herself successful only if he/she strikes a balance in four sectors of life i.e. self happiness, achievement, family and legacy.

Just enough is an antidote for infinite motives addiction in one's life. Only when a person is able to switch and link, he/she can relish true success.

The author explains with few examples saying albeit few perform extraordinarily well in their career they are not considered as successful as they have compromised on their self happiness and family presence.
Another interesting point the author mentions is we should pass on our secret of success to the next generation.

Even playing an instrument with utmost dedication and commitment is considered as a personal success. The crisp conclusion of ever lasting success would be balancing the bar between profession and personal satisfaction on the rope of family affection and society. And yes in short my definition for success would be "JUST ENOUGH" ....this brings me more happiness indirectly leading me to some hidden success in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment