Monday, September 28, 2009

Baby Shower

I was literally begging my roommate to join me for the baby shower. She refused and I didn't feel like forcing her anymore. I was afraid of the chillness outside and wasn't sure if I would be able to walk much. I wore my winter jacket and walked as slowly as possible. I saw one of my friend few foot away from me, if I was fit today I would have caught her in my normal walking pace. I didn't feel like troubling myself much, so I called out her name but she didn't hear me either. Somehow I managed to reach the entrance and pressed the community hall buzzer. Immediately my friend came to receive me from the entrance to the hall.I didn't even have the mood to dress up well for the occasion. I wore something that made me feel more comfortable. Everyone found me to be pale and sick and were questioning what was wrong with me.

I occupied the last row and was cracking jokes with my jogging partner. Very shortly the function started. Most experienced married women followed by least experienced ones went forward to put bangle to my friend. I didn't pay much attention to the formalities, as I was busy talking to my very young, active yet a beautiful friend. She introduced herself and patiently waited to hear my name. I asked her, if she has seen me before and very quickly she answered " ya I remember I have seen you during snow-tubing". I was stunned by her answer and told her mom about her memory power.
The function got over in a very shot time and everyone lined up for food.
We had coconut, lemon, tomato , tamarind and curd rice followed by dessert (gulab jamun and ice cream).

Each family who attended the function were given a warm send off by clicking their snaps while receiving the thambulam. Families went first, I was wondering with whom should I tug in to get the thambulam. To receive the thambulam bag I joined couple others who were married but weren't accompanied by their husbands for this baby shower. Almost everyone who attended the function were married couples except for yet another friend of mine. Felt little bad for not having a partner till now. Anyway today I realized the importance of not getting married very soon. For sometime I felt I did make a blunder in attending this function as a bachelor but anyway it was also fun meeting married couples. I only felt my presence would make my friend feel happy. I managed to surpass this feeling from my mind and carried out with my routine activities after reaching home.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry Ashwini that I didn't bother to turn back or realize to see that you were walking behind me :-) You'll have ur partner soon to attend occasions like this..All the best for the groom hunt!! :-)

    ReplyDelete