Thursday, September 24, 2009

Area Contest

I assembled at 5.30 P.M, but my whole mind was preoccupied with one project bug and that issue was almost eating my brain. But as I volunteered to help them out for the arrangement, I closed my laptop and set my mind off from the issue and focused only on my assigned task.
There were close to 35 members who attended the contest today. I was fascinated seeing the awards. I dreamt of having one with me.
I got a exposure to people from different clubs and their angle of approach and topic selection for the Fall Humorous speech contest.
We had two members representing our club in this contest. We wanted both to win, but unfortunately only one won in the evaluator contest.
I made some new friends and had a great amount of learning. My initial plan was to walk down home in between the contest but someone offered me a ride. My division governor came forward to drop me home and ensured I stayed till the end of the meeting.

I found few speeches to be very dramatic, more than speech preparation people worked a lot on their body language and voice projection. I found few participant practicing their body moments during the break time. The meeting winded up well on time. We had some photo sessions and snacks. I was jaded and famished that I could hardly do anything after coming home.

No comments:

Post a Comment