Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Hair cut

There was a time when I used to cry every time my mother took me to the parlor. During school days every summer vacation until 8th Standard I got my hair tonsured. My mom being a very dynamic and a bold lady, she always bought us up in lines of Bharathiyaar she never liked any of us being coward or shy. During my childhood, unlike other gals I never liked cutting my hair short. I have begged, screamed and sometimes even cried every time she took me to the parlor for a hair cut. Every time after the hair cut, I hated to look myself in the mirror. There were few friends who loved my hair cut, they had their personal grudges and told me that having long hair is very time consuming and sometimes even painful to knot the hair when it was wet and they were in full praise for my mothers decision of having a bob cut.

Nothing of their say consoled me much. I always felt like having a waist length hair. My dad too liked me growing my hair long. The fight between my mom and me on hair cut starts every 3 months. Some of my friends play with my hair and some consider me even as their boy friend. Till my college I was reluctant to cut my hair, as I was always moved by my mother’s abundant love, that I did everything just for her sake. There were few of my college guys and gals who used to tease me in offensive ways. I kept narrating their comments to my mom. She kept saying you need to know how to face such things in life. Life is yours and do what you feel like and put off what others say. Though she said, she never allowed me to take decisions on my stuff :).


Sometimes I felt little hurting but my resistance to such disgusting comments became stronger day by day. I tried growing my hair little lengthy after I joined the software industry. Probably I got accustomed to see myself in short hair that now I don't like to see myself in long hair. I have completely lost the penchant for long and strong hair.

Today I had my hair cut again after five months time.

1 comment:

  1. You look really great in Short hair. Guru should be different in all aspects from A - Z.

    ReplyDelete