Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Pressure

This time I am not concerned about blood pressure but more tangled in biz pressure.
I tried to have a sound sleep today morning but my attempt to sleep undisturbed has always been a challenge. I had slight headache when I got up. I had lots of activities in office today DTS migration to SSIS, meetings and code changes for one defect. I tried opening my workspace and it spitted me with lots of errors. I hardly moved an inch till 10 in the morning. Only after mailing my DBA with today' prod move list and took off to eat something. My DBA found few issues while deploying the package in Production Server, started digging on the issues and felt listless by 11.30. I quickly heated my lunch and enjoyed the sumptuous food.

After lunch I had a quick meeting with one of my colleague to fix the issues in my workspace. By the time I was back, I saw red lights flashing in my desk phone. I wasn't too sure who had left me a voice message. I opened up my voicemail inbox
and deleted my archived messages. I heard one new message left couple of minutes back.

It was a message from one of my client. I was given a KT last week to work on a particular report and they inquired me about the status. I told them that I am yet to start coding. I remember seeing a mail from them yesterday to check if it was possible for me to complete the code changes by this week. I said I would try my best to get it done as early as possible.

I understood that few fixes can't wait and needs contiguous attention. I stopped working on other things and started to focus much on this issue. My hard luck what worked yesterday also didn't work today. I had to start everything from square one.

I thought I would spare some time at home to understand this issue, but after coming home I felt very jaded and took a nap.
Now I am feeling the pressure of this task. Yesterday my clients inquired through mail, today through phone and tomorrow they might even visit me to know the status of the code fix.

I am praying GOD to ignite my problem solving portion of my brain, that would make it easy for me to resolve the issue.
This one task is haunting me a lot since the start of this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment