Friday, September 25, 2009

Double Birthday

I was in total rush from office to cub foods and from home to friends place. Me and my roommate were crazy running and getting ready today. We had two birthday celebration this evening. We had a very minimal time gap between the two parties. One at 6.15 and other at 7 P.M. My friend came to pick us up for the b'day celebration. We were just in time for the first party, cake was cut instantly. No birthday bumps no ragging was done to the birthday boy, instead his friends were all pulled to sing or write poems.

Everyone balked and finally I felt not to hurt him anymore and sang a song from Khadalan Tamil Movie, the crowd was just waiting for a staring point, another friend of mine immediately came up with a two liner poem. While starting from home my roomie jibbed and I cajoled her by saying that we would be back in 10 minutes. But sometimes time becomes more valuable on your friends birthday. We couldn't start in 10 minutes, we waited and spent at least 30 minutes to display our friendly attitude.

Sometimes directly or indirectly people correct few things in us, what this b'day boy taught me in the past was to speak frankly and give true opinion about things, if you feel you can't give true thoughts on something; just give a smile, people will understand what you are trying to convey. I used to hide lot of things from my close friends, I was not an open book until I mingled with him.
Felt happy that I was able to spare sometime with him on his "The Day".

We hadn't done any cooking till 7 P.M for the potluck, We tried Dhokla from scratch and it was a complete screw up. We ourselves couldn't eat, as it was half baked.
Our friend came to pick us up, just then we got the rice packed. We absolutely had no time to worry about our starter dish. We headed to the party hall. We started to decorate and arrange things in the hall. In couple of minutes my tennis friend arrived. We were waiting for his USTA partner to join us for the celebration, on his arrival we had the cake cutting ceremony. The highlight of this party was the B'day cake topped with tennis player practicing serve on the tennis court and the b'day bump(almost all guys kicked my friend, some of them hit him friendly and some attacked him violently).
In between number game and dumb-c, we all had our dinner. I was much delighted for one reason that I was able to make it up for both my friends birth day. After coming to U.S I have understood the meaning of spending time with friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment