Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Carl Roetter

Some people leave imprints in my life and one among them is Carl Roetter. We became friends through ToastMaster club. Though he is in forties, the vigor and exuberance he has is just staggering. Right from the first club meeting everyone was enthralled by his table topics speech. His first ice breaker speech (to introduce oneself to the group) was mind-boggling, never in my life have I ever seen someone introduce in such a bombastic manner to the group.
Any role, any activity he does it with utmost dedication and involvement that makes him more valuable and estimable in the club.
We have a house full strength only for this speech. He has an excellent voice projection and body language. I sometimes wonder if he did any Radio Jockey, as he modulates his voice so well.

How and what you say counts a lot to the other person, the way Carl presents small things is just adorable. Each and every member in the club loves his presence, so do I. All his speeches imparts information and thought provoking signals to ones mind.
I missed his second speech due to some project issues, but had a quick glance of his presentation. I have been craving to seek his personal advice for my career path and finally encountered a chance today. I was telling him what I aspired to be in my life and wanted his guidance for my next giant step. We spoke for about 45 minutes and at the end of the schmoose I could see a light at the end of the tunnel. I found all the hints and tips given by him to be very effectual and amusing. He has ignited my mind for the next move in my life. Carl Roetter is yet another hoarded wealth and a remarkable person in my life. He has given a turning point to my career path.

No comments:

Post a Comment