Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Disturbed

I have the habit of nodding my head to everything my mother says. I feel very proud sometimes to have satisfied all her wishes, even when they seemed impossible to me. When I see her crying, I put my feelings aside and ensure to keep her happy.
Today she has finalized my life partner and asking me to get ready for marriage in January 2010. Throughout my life, my mother has always given me the best things in life no matter whether it is small or big. I am confident that the guy she has for me would be the best of all, but I need to know how comfortable I would be with him after marriage. I requested my mother to arrange for a conversation with the guy.
She totally refused, she knows my thinking is very different and broad that might or might not be liked by the guy.

She justifies saying that he is well-educated and is from a good family background, what else you want to know about him, let me know I will check with him and let you know. I kept bickering with her and was firm saying that I need to talk with him at least once. I have even told her, she needn't worry about my marriage much, if at all I don't get a guy of my choice, I would prefer staying alone than fighting with him throughout my life. She keeps pressing me hard by saying, you are getting old and it would become difficult for us to find a guy of your choice as days pass by.

I don't think I was wrong in asking her to arrange for a casual talk with the guy. I am the one who is going to live with him not her. I am not even planning to talk with her for the next one week, so that things would cool down between me and my mother. I am disturbed today, I don’t feel good whenever I fight with my mom.
Hope she too understands me, the way I understand her.

No comments:

Post a Comment