Monday, September 7, 2009

Sneezing Funda

Science was one of my favorite subject in school. I loved sketching the diagrams and learning new terminologies. But experiments I always did for name sake, I never bothered to imply any of the scientific theories in my day to day life.

Today we paid a visit to Science Museum. We watched a movie on Titanica Ship for 45 mins. And then moved to human body section. We tried to experiment few things.
As we were running short of time, we couldn't spare sufficient time in all the sections of the museum. Wherever we saw a group of people, we only researched those parts. In that way we spent time in knowing what is the correct way to cover ourselves while sneezing.
The correct way is to sneeze on one's fabric (i.e. on shirt sleeve) by crossing their hand on the opposite shoulder. If a person sneezes on her/his hand, there is a high possibility of spreading the bacteria and virus to any object.
In the demo video they had showed an employee talking over phone, sneezing on his hand and transferring the bacteria to the public phone. Others using the same phone got infected with this bacteria.
The video also covers how people would react if we sneeze on our own fabric and the correct way to cover ourselves while sneezing and coughing.

Every small experiment in the museum, made me realize the importance of science in day to day life.
Apart from sneezing funda, I loved the harmographic diagram made from the pendulum oscillations.

I regret my school days for not understanding the in-depth knowledge of each experiment.

No comments:

Post a Comment