Saturday, September 19, 2009

Blue Spider

I have never seen people being so punctual that too for such things. People were on time to help us out. The evening brightness dimmed, but our energy level soared to get our job done at the earliest. Twelve of us split our task and ensured to make our biz more exciting by ragging each other to sing, dance or do something interesting. One side songs were running on my PC and on the other side people were gagging.

The whole house was boisterous. Most of the film songs I played had a predominant flavor of carnatic music. The crowd preferred more beat songs and kothu pattu, they tolerated with me for couple of songs but they couldn't control beyond a certain limit. They said Ashwini can you please change the songs. I did change the songs to some high beat ones, even that they didn't like much. At last I handed over my comp to them to play the songs of their interest. We enjoyed music and in between people did fight to play their individual favorites. Everyone wanted some refreshment to pump their energy. People felt famished and one of my friend recommended to prepare some tea.

Teabreak, I got the headcount and finally said this is the first time I am going to prepare tea for someone. Everyone hissed, please do not take any risk now. Fine I said and called one of my friend to help me out in making tea.
I didn't realize that we were running short of tea powder at home, as I never take tea , I didn't even bother to keep a track of it.
We borrowed some tea powder and cups from our friends place. Prepared tea and had the same with apple slices.

Same time photo session started covering each one of us doing our assigned line of work and comparing our actions to funny ad songs. We really had a great time. It was just two and half hours we spent cutting vegetables but believe me, we loved every second. We split our stuff and majority of them headed back home at 8 P.M.

As expected few of our friends stopped at our house, close to 10 P.M to hand over cooker and other utensils necessary for tomorrow's cooking. After dumping things they left. Meanwhile my roommate stepped in the wash room.

She came back running asking if I have seen any blue spider. I replied back “No”. She took me to the wash room and showed me a blue spider. I asked to call our friends who left home couple of minutes back. She got them back, my friend took a empty plastic cover to catch the spider. He was doubtful whether it was a real one, as the spider was stagnant in the same place without any motion. Generally insects scurry when we switch on the lights. He was confident it was a plastic spider and lifted the spider. We all laughed for a second and were eager to know who was that naughty person, who tried to prank us in the night. The investigation is still on.

No comments:

Post a Comment