Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Missing Biz Partner

The office room is shared between me and one of my friend. Today I was missing his presence, as he has gone for a month’s leisure to India. I have been sitting next to him for the past one and half years. Today my mind was clouded with his absence in the room after the long weekend . We fight like school kids for small matters. Everyone comments a lot on the way we fight. Sometimes we pull each others leg in front of everyone. He praises me a lot when he wants something from my side. Initially our relationship was not too strong to share our personal stories. But now we share everything from our food to future plans.

He is very diet conscious , so do I. He always pities the way I look. He keeps saying you look very sick and pale, why don't you eat properly. Sometimes after hearing those words I usually become little emotional for him being caring and affectionate. Both of us have a loud voice and our voice raises when we get angry or excited. People in the adjacent bay get distracted with our voice and strongly request us to get the door closed when we discuss.

We enjoy our freedom in the small room. When we feel like, we clean the room together. I dump all my waste in his desk and he does the same thing to me.
He gets new office cleaner sprays from the stationary and I start using the spray, without even asking him. If both of us like taking some break, we schmoose on general topics such as education policy in U.S, mentality of guys and gals ,sometimes about family and friends.

When we have something very critical in work, we never even bother to talk with each other as our focus would be completely on the issue. Any silly doubts we try resolving among ourselves. We taste each others lunch and sometimes fight for the spoon. When I feel lazy to fetch water from downstairs, I drink water from his bottle, when he is busy chatting with people I would get water for him.
We have a mutual understanding on small things though our fights are big. Missing all those enjoyable moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment