Monday, October 5, 2009

yrwod

Not sure if this word bothered me before, but from yesterday night it has been annoying me a bit. Few years back I had even stated I would not marry a guy who demanded this. I remember debating against this throughout my college life. I had argued guys were the culprits in accepting this and not their parents. When the guys have the guts to say "No" to marry a less pretty gal, I sometimes fail to understand why they never bothered to say "No" to this word. Now I can only associate my situation with Revathy's state in Magalir Mattum tamil movie released in 1994.

People sometimes consider this word as a means of their status and prestige change.
Guy’s parents claim that they have spent a lot on their son's education and upbringing, and I wondered what tricks my parents played to get my education and nurturing done without spending a penny. This word has caused lots of deaths in the past, lots of fight between mother-in-law and daughter-in-law and has shattered the peace in the family. In arranged marriage one can hold a better chance of getting a decent life partner only if one could afford to spend a greater lump of money. Sometimes people say, people who love and marry don’t face such issues, but I know few of my friends whose parents were even ready to break their relation if this word wasn't offered.

This five letter word has been carrying its marriage tradition for eons. And I don't want to be a prey of this for any reason. I have strictly conveyed this to my parents too. Hopefully I will not be brain washed by my parent's love and relatives coax. It is better to be alone, than tangling myself in buying someone with huge sum.

No comments:

Post a Comment