Saturday, October 17, 2009

Readying Diwali

Till yesterday night I was in a dilemma to attend today's Diwali celebration as we had to send across some critical project document tonight. Whenever I was unable to take apt decisions I consult my mom. She insisted me to attend the function. Her point of view was Diwali comes once in a year and I should not be putting it off for any reason. From last week few of my friends kept ordering/requesting me to attend the Diwali potluck while some counted me in for granted.

I thought, what is life without spending some time with friends and family? And finally made up my mind to attend the potluck in the morning. In between our friends family came to our place to distribute home made Diwali sweets. My friend’s family looked jazzy in the glittering Indian traditional dress. We immediately captured their family picture in our mobile.

We tasted the sumptuous sweets and started our cooking preparation for bhaji pretty late, as we wanted them to stay crisp and hot for the potluck. At the end we landed being late to get ready. We decided to send our mixed vegetable bhaji through one of our friend for the party which would make us to get ready unhurried. We were all set and were waiting for our friend's arrival to pick us up. At 12.25 P.M stepped in the car. We carried two trays of raitha along with us to the party hall. I and my roomie were totally focused and ensured nothing dripped from the delicate tray during our bumpy ride. We reached the hall just on time, when everyone were about to start the main course. We wished everyone and quickly took our seat.

The hall was jam packed with people. We kept eating for one and half hours and later gathered the crowd for some interesting games and dance performance. Finally we decided to play paper fold game. It was fun watching couples/bachelors holding each other and standing on the tiny piece of paper. During this game we had plenty of photo sessions from judges and friends.

We winded our evening with a halcyon Diwali celebration. After coming home I and my project mate spent close to three and half hours in completing the document. Overall the day was taxing.

No comments:

Post a Comment