Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Dash-3

It is quite common for Indians to walk and drive on the left side. "Keeping left" created and is creating surplus troubles to me. I can't forget the admiration I received from an African-American on my first all alone driving adventure in U.S. I didn't realize that I was driving on the left side of the road until I had a head on collision with this guy. As the car windows were all closed, I could only see his lip movement and partially guessed that he was screaming "get out of the road" and something else too for being on the wrong path. Without procrastinating I immediately pulled back from his way.

Another place where I always violate rules while walking is in office premises. We have a long path ending with two sharp cuts leading to right and left direction. As I normally walk on the left side, I quite often clash with people on the turns. Today when I walked back from a meeting, I gave a sudden shock to another lady striding from the opposite direction. For a second both of us felt something was happening too fast between both of us that gave an effect of sudden death in an accident. It was a terrible experience though. I tried to get rid of this incident and carried out my day's task. It was time for lunch by then and this time I ensured to walk tardily in the right direction at the turns while taking my route to the cafeteria. This time, for a change I had a guy walking in full speed thumping me. We said excuse me to each other and went ahead to our intended place.

While going for an evening break, I was carried away with the information on the notice board that I completely lost control and dashed another lady who was walking besides me.
I said sorry to her for being absorbed with the details on the bulletin board.
I dashed three people today because of my walking direction and preoccupied thoughts.

2 comments: