Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Geese Crossing



While travelling back home in our usual route, we found three cars lined up one behind the other. All the cars were still and there was no sign of movement. As my visibility was poor without glasses, I couldn't understand why the cars were standstill until we queued up in the same line. I saw a bunch of geese walking in a linear fashion on the road. They were walking in untroubled and swagger manner. I was patiently watching them cross the road. I found them to be well-ordered, none of the geese fought for the first position and everyone walked restfully. Not sure of the reason behind they not walking together as a group. Probably the motto of the geese road crossing was, you show the path and we follow. My friend quickly took out his mobile to capture the natural cat walk of geese. Most of them in the car started to lose their forbearance. The driver in the first car kept moving inch by inch to break the contiguous flow of geese traversing.

As soon as the agility of geese crossing abated, we immediately crossed the road. On seeing the importance given to Goose (Minnesota State Bird), my friend cracked a sensible joke to include Goose sign in the traffic lights in addition to the pedestrian symbol.

2 comments:

  1. At least they were moving.. I got once stuck in the road. they came as a group and they just stopped in the middle of the road.. I waited and waited at last I honked to make them go away..

    ReplyDelete
  2. They undoubtedly test our patience a lot

    ReplyDelete