Sunday, October 4, 2009

Biking

People in U.S refer cycling as biking. Way back in 2007, when I heard my client say, their kids love biking, I was wondering how kids were allowed to ride bikes in U.S. Later I came to know that our bicycle is stated as bike in U.S. The word biking made me look back few rattling moments of my life in robust cycle.

I am crazy about biking in my BSA SLR. I had to choose between Lady Bird and BSA SLR cycle brands when offered by my dad. I opted to buy BSA SLR cycle in my 11th standard. As I am a reckless rider, I really wanted BSA SLR that would withstand all my tough stunts such as leaving two hands, riding it in maximum speed and taking sudden sharp turns.

I used to spend solid 15 minutes in cleaning and greasing my cycle with oil every Saturday morning. I had plethoric love for my cycle that I hardly lent my cycle to anyone, not even to my sisters or friends. Even after 6 years my cycle looked brand new. I would go frantic if anyone ever did even a small scratch on my cycle. I was extra careful during rainy season, I always ensured to protect my bike under the parking roof. I never liked to see any rust on my cycle due to wetness. I enjoyed every moment when I took my mom for a doubles in my cycle. As days passed by, I couldn't spend much time with my bike, I started to travel to office in company bus and to nearby shops in Kinetic Honda. Everyday morning, I used to peep in the garage to check the status of my cycle and felt pitiful for its condition. I was also helpless as I was busy running places with my family and friends that I absolutely found no time to go for a ride or take care of my bike.

Today myself and my friend went for a half an hour biking. It was fun changing the gears while riding in the down and up hill. I was only thinking of my golden days cycling back from home to college, school, tuition, friend’s place and tennis court.

2 comments:

  1. 'I used to spend solid 15 minutes in cleaning and greasing my cycle with oil every Saturday morning"..

    I can't remember any day I have cleaned my bike.. It was getting self cleaned in rain... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know..that u have used the purest water(rain) to clean ur bike :)

    ReplyDelete