Saturday, October 24, 2009

Her Day

This lady has played an integral part in my life. Below are few incidences that made me feel she is different, firm and dogmatic.

My grandma still says this lady never got you anything any doll or dress that you wanted for. I(Granny) have heard you cry many times when she ignores to buy things of your choice. Time has changed so much that now you don't ask her anything you like. You simply go with what she gets you. When I hear such things from my Grandma I feel this lady must have been terrible and bossy.


Till my 5th standard I was pushed in all competitions such as fancy dress, calligraphy, elocution, drawing, running, dance, singing and slow cycling. Whether I won a consolation prize or a winning medal it didn't matter much to this lady. All she wanted was to give her daughters a taste of everything in life. I felt inside this women was crazy and pushy.

In my 6th standard she thought me to cook food for the family and wash my clothes. We had taken care of our things such as placing books at the right rack, covering our notebooks and school socks in the right drawer etc. Absolutely no help from her side. I used to compare myself with many of my classmates and kept telling her she was burdening us with unwanted things during our study life. In this stage, I felt she was stone hearted and a stubborn women.

When we reached our 8th standard we were sent to post office to do money order and banks to do deposits and withdrawals. No prior instructions were given to us by her how to do money order or deposits, she blindly instructs us to inquire things from bank/P.O employees. I felt she was uncivil and uncaring.

From 10th to college we were not pulled in any activities, we were given full freedom to do what we wished or aspired for.

Now what I feel about this audacious woman in my life is totally different. Her each move taught us all essentials for our living.

Her no no's to small things that I wished for, has taught me to take disappointments easily in life. If someone/fate/luck denies me of something I like the most, I know how to overcome such challenges in life. Her push to involve us in all competitions till 5th standard has taught me to live life with brio. Her cooking and washing lessons in 6th standard has made me to live life independently and confidently. Her training to do money order and deposits/withdrawals had taught me to be civilized.

I have lots and lots to write about this woman whom I love the most. Today I feel blissful wishing this lady a happy birthday. This lady is none other than my beloved one and only mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment