Thursday, October 15, 2009

Lunch Buffet

I had very less time today afternoon due to an unanticipated meeting between 12 to 1 P.M, me and my lunch mate decided to have our lunch in the nearby cafe. We met two of our other friends having their lunch on a lengthy table.
My lunch mate inquired, if it was fine with me to join them, initially I was little hesitant for the fact that I had to rush back to my desk as soon as possible and didn't feel like walking out in between everyone's meal. After giving a thought about my lunch mate, I said yes. It wouldn't be right on my part to press her hard to finish lunch with me in jiffy. In congenial manner both my friends circulated their lunch box; we tasted their food and in turn gave our boxes to them. Immediately two others joined us on the table and we continued the same process of circulating our boxes. We got back our box and were about to sample our food. One more friend joined us, we kept all our boxes in front of him, he patiently tried out everything and without a say he returned back our boxes. As I was in rush, I started breaking my chappathi and there you go, comes our next friend. Again without losing blitheness everyone offered her their food. At last everyone grabbed their boxes and had food. I broke out in between for my meeting.

It was like a buffet of home made food from different cuisine. Though not arranged on the table, it was well circulated and shared. Never got a chance for the second round though :)

No comments:

Post a Comment