Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Too many interruptions

Between 12 to 2.16 P.M, my mind was totally blank. I had to generate a report and send across the same to my client by 2.15 P.M. I was checking the data and wanted to ensure everything looked fine. As I had to compare the data in the report with the data in the backend for close to 200+ Stock numbers. I needed complete concentration; any small mistake in this task would screw up price details that would in turn affect our sales amount. I even thought of postponing by lunch and focus on this one. I had one of my colleague stop by to discuss about the development status, I absolutely had no patience to reply her back. I kept my responses brief. In between my DBA pinged to know the server details. I did a parallel conversation with my DBA and BA. After I was done conversing with both of them, I had series of questions from my lead on remedy ticket closure. I quickly answered him back and looked at the monitor. My mind was extremely saturated and couldn't even understand what I was doing. I thought it was high time for a break and decided to have lunch. After lunch I tried to put off everything that got my nerves. By then it was 1.15 P.M, I completed 50% data check and this time I was interrupted again by a phone call from my testing lead.

I clarified his doubt and continued, again one of my friend sametimed me simultaneously one of my colleague pestered me to share one of the script that I had previously written to auto approve few records through backend. This time I was determined not to worry about anyone and focused to complete the task. Though I completed my task on time, I had lots of unexpected disturbances that I couldn't manage.

No comments:

Post a Comment