Thursday, October 8, 2009

Inline

Today we did shopping again and at last landed up in Sports authority for our final round of purchase. The attractive inline skaters grabbed my attention. As I learned four rollers skating from my elder sister, I always had a longing to try out inline skates. My parents had a perception that inline skating required lots of balance and control. They never ever attempted to get me one as they thought I would get hurt.

I was very determined today to try out the display roller skates.
I quickly pulled out the box that was marked with my foot size. Two other little friends of mine tried out the inline skates along with me. I was initially holding my roommate's hand to support me while taking the small step in the trial inline roller skates. My reactions were different after seeing my 8 year friend stepping out confidently in his skates. Immediately I left my roommate’s hand and started walking alone.

I was thinking what sowed the seed of confidence in my mind to walk alone, that too instantly after seeing the 8 year friend. I recalled a statement made by one of my favorite maths school teacher "You can do it too, when someone else is able to do the same thing". This saying has indirectly sunk into my subconscious mind that I followed it today without my self knowledge. I have the habit of absorbing at least one good thing from my teachers and friends. It is efficacious when we try to recall the quotes and good things taught by them.

No comments:

Post a Comment