Sunday, August 30, 2009

Shopping Spree

Not too long, but still felt like wiping out some money today. Six hours incessant shopping. For the first time in my life I found everything of my taste.
We started our journey to Albertville Premium outlet at 10 A.M. As the mall was in the outskirts, we had to spend nearly one hour to cover a distance of 42 miles. As my friend was not sure about the route, we had to blindly follow GPS instructions. People generally say GPS directions are long distanced and we experienced it today. We went through colonies and town houses for a long time and finally reached our destination.

The first shop we entered was Columbia Sportswear, the collections were good but seeing the price tag we decided it was catchpenny for our high standard and swiftly moved to other shops. Then we entered many shops and spent some time digging the cloth and shoe section. Nothing matched our choice, except for Tommy Hilfiger , GAPS and Aeropostale. We spent hours in fitting room , trying out different garbs.
In U.S , desi people who are lean and tiny have tough time in finding dresses that fit them. As my friend and I were petite, we had to sacrifice few dresses as they didn't not fit as well. Had a late lunch at 2P.M in Subway, first time I had foot long vegetarian sandwich usually I go for 6 inches sandwich, as I was feeling empty-bellied I wanted something huge.

As the temperature was soaring after lunch we couldn't walk much. We decided to wind up everything in the next half an hour. We bought everything we intended to, except for few misses in our initial purchasing list. Headed back to Wal-Mart to return one shirt, but something pulled my attention there , a smiley umbrella . I bought an umbrella, as the one I brought from India broke last year because of inclement weather. From Wal-Mart , we left to SAMS club to get our weekly grocers.

Both of us didn't even have the energy to pull the empty cart, somehow managed to complete our impulse-buy by 15 minutes. Reached home around 5.40 P.M. I loved all the stuff I got today, except for my severe headache.

1 comment:

  1. don't lie Guru, I could not believe that you ate one foot long sandwich. Impossible....

    ReplyDelete