Sunday, August 9, 2009

Lazy Sunday

I had set the wake up call at 7 A.M this morning but landed up being in bed till 9 A.M. I keep compromising myself 5 more minutes I will be up and my every 5 minutes cumulates to more than an hour.

My friends keep saying "Relax Madam It is Sunday" sleep well, take rest as you need to work diligently the next five days.
Waking up late on Sundays make me feel a day late and a dollar short. Why does the 1st day of the week (as in U.S and Japan) or the 7th day of the week (as in U.K)
make me feel that I am #1 lethargic person in the world ?

I have been trying hard to keep the same schedule even during weekends especially on Sundays. Way back in Chennai I remember reading an article from "Frozen Thoughts" magazine about having same routines even on Sundays. The author had beautifully explained that our body behaves on a biological clock mode, forcing it to sleep beyond the usual time on Saturdays/Sundays does no good to our health or mind.

Then what makes me to log Z's on Sunday Mornings? Is it the aftermath of Saturday's late night movie watch or dinner or outing?
I have been analyzing my wake up timings on Sundays for the past three months. It is very obscure when I maintain standard wake up time at 9 A.M or beyond even after going early to bed on Saturday nights.

Could be that 100% exhaustion on Saturday and the weekday drives me nuts to slumber more on Sunday mornings? Or Am I energizing myself to face all unexpected challenges for the approaching working days?

Whatever is the reason?, now I have completely soothed my mind to "just chill out" on Sunday mornings.

This is the day where I am free from rush hour office work and the day where I hang out with friends.

Time for oneself is just this day of the week. Just do what you feel like no matter even if it makes you feel lazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment