Friday, August 14, 2009

Movie Time

Friday nights I generally watch some movie that makes me gag.Last week one of my friend recommended me to watch Bheja Fry (Hindi Movie which means someone is really annoying). Probably my taste was different from his that I didn't like the movie much. This time I didn't want to waste much time in exploring for new ones and decided to watch something I had seen already.Now which one to watch was still a question mark in my mind. As my brain was completely ammonified I asked few suggestions from my roommate , she listed down few movies and I had no interest in any of them except for "Jab We Met". Well I told her I am not sure if I would love watching that movie for the second time, she grinned and said I have watched that movie for more than 5 times.

Except for Naayagan (Tamil Movie), never in my lifetime have I watched anything for the second time. Sometimes I wonder how people watch the same movie for 'N' number of times. Believably I am very impatient for such things.
Finally we compromised on "Jab We Met". I always loved the character "Geeth" in this movie for her boldness , candidness, talktiveness and josh. undoubtedly the movie is fantastic and is worth watching for the second time.

This movie reminded me of an heated argument that I had with one of my friend.Both had different viewpoint for Geeth's final decision to lead her life with Adhitya(whom she considers as a friend in the beginning and later considers him to be her lover).
He debated saying that according to Indian culture no matter what happens the gal/guy should only establish love relationship with one person,she all of sudden changes her mind and considers a friend as lover.It is totally unbearable Ashwini.

When someone doesn't understand the importance of that relationship ,what's the point staying with him/her ?
Pleasure of love lasts for a moment but Pain of love lasts for lifetime ,when someone is trying to recover you from that pain, What's wrong in marrying him/her?.
You can't blindly follow everything in our culture was my justification.

Opinions differ,but I strongly felt her decision was honorable.

1 comment:

  1. wow! With my x-roomies back home, we were discussing the same. Your post took me to my old room, projecting my bed, computer & late night/early morning(3:00 AM) dinner/breakfast.

    ReplyDelete