Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Friend's Wedding Invite

My day was messed up as I was feeling completely exhausted and jaded.None of my plans were executed.Wanted to sleep little early after my offshore call,but a wedding invite from one of my friend pulled my attention.
I always get excited when I receive wedding invites from my friends.As I feel happy for their new relationship.The personalized wedding invitation from her played one of my favorite song from Alaipayuthey(Tamil Movie directed by Mani Ratnam)

"Mangalyam thanthuna nena
Mamajeevana hetuna
Kante badhrani shubage
Thwam deeya sharadam shubam"

It basically means that by tying the "mangalyam" (sacred thread) around her neck, the husband is entwining his life with his wife's.(Courtesy : "Yahoo Answers" ).

There were many sections in my friends online wedding invite card.
I started to patiently dig through each of them putting aside my eternal rest .The way she had described about her family made me feel how grateful the Bride and Bridegroom were towards their parents. I had been hankering since college to attend atleast one Brahmin wedding and never got a chance for the same.Either my friends marriage was in their native place or I would have something important.The explanation that she has provided in "Wedding Events" section gives anyone a wholistic view of typical Hindu Brahmin Wedding .

My wedding friend and co have used many catchy and fun filled words to make the invite very cozy.Few of which I liked are stated below:

1.Marriage food" is way better than restaurant food.
2.We took it from there
3.There was no getting on one knee, popping a ring and proposing involved.
4.If you want to thank (or blame :P) someone for bringing Ms.XXX to Planet earth, here you go ;-)
5.A true Indian wedding is not just about two individuals getting married, but signifies the union of two families

I found the remaining sections (Contact,GuestBook,Photo Albums ,Our story,Accomodation ,Welcome and Cover page) to be very wonted.

Overall I liked everything in her wedding invite.Only missing information in the wedding invite was about me and other friends :).Just kidding :).

2 comments:

  1. I liked it too Ashwini.. the wedding invite.. can't believe how much preparation is involved in making such an invite.... Very nice job.... On the other hand In an IT perspective, if this website gets harvested after some time or so.. (hope it not) then this is not a good idea.. you want this to be archived for your entire life time... not for just few months

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jeen..I accept your point..but I need to investigate few things..will get back to u very soon on this one.

    ReplyDelete