Sunday, August 23, 2009

GC Contd.

We screwed up our plan a little, me and my roommate got up little late, but we managed to cleanly execute all our plans today.
At 9.30 A.M both of us got dressed in traditional salwar kameez and started with our pooja for Ganesh Chaturthi at 9.45 A.M.
After two years I am celebrating Vinayak Chaturthi, I was feeling very happy.
Immediately after aarthi, myself and my roomate divided our cooking task.
She started preparing Modak and I focused on Sundal, Rice Kheer, Dinner and Lunch preparation. We completed everything within two hours, isn’t it incredible?.

We served God all the delicious food that we had prepared for him and the very next minute after the short aarthi we had our lunch. We both were feeling empty-bellied.
At 1.15 P.M we broke for some rest, and at 6.15 P.M we visited our friends place to distribute the prasad. My friend was totally excited to taste Modak as it looked very enticing. She was in full praise for the Modak and in between I had to remind her to taste Kheer and Sundal as well, just to see how it has come out.
We had some fried modak at her place and chit-chated for 15 minutes. My roommate headed for a walk and I headed home at 6.45 P.M. I was practicing piano for 30 minutes and got a call from one of friend. We had invited four of our friends home to celebrate Vinayak Chaturthi and had been waiting for them from afternoon.
Instant comment from one of my friend after seeing modak was, "it looks like garlic"
we all laughed and meanwhile my roommate returned back from her walk. All the 25+ Modak's prepared by my roommate got over except for three.

We both were extremely happy for celebrating Vinayak Chaturthi and for sharing our happiness with our friends and neighbors. Hope next year too we would have the blessing of Lord Ganesh for the same.

1 comment:

  1. nice to know that you had a very good day... I am yet to taste your delicious dishes... not sure whether I will have a chance :)

    ReplyDelete