Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Oops I forgot

At 6 A.M I got a call from my offshore team.I had plans to discuss something very important with them.As I was unable to sleep properly last night I could hardly speak anything in the early-morning hour.I gave long pauses in my conversations and prattled about movies and other stuff unrelated to project.My offshore team was quite understanding and said we will mail you the details Ashwini.
I was waiting for this moment to catch a wink ,but again my sleep was interrupted by another call at 7.20 A.M.Oh no...I screamed I am late today,I quickly called one of my friend to inform him that I will not be able to make it up at 7.30 A.M for a ride to office.He said I think we might leave around 8 A.M or so,will let you know when we start.I quickly got ready and was waiting for his call.I lot my longanimity and gave him a call at 8.15 A.M.Sorry Ashwini I forgot to call you,We reached office,was just about to call you.I replied no problem my friend, finished our call in few seconds and started heading to office.I completely understood that my friends were in some rush that they altogether forgot me.

This reminded me of one incident that happened between me and my younger sister.
We were returning home in the last bus from Besant Nagar Beach (one of my favorite spot in chennai).My uncle who accompanied us was on the rear portion of the bus , me and my sister were on the front portion of the bus.Me and my sister didn't sit together as both of us were fond of window seats we occupied sequential two seaters.
I fell asleep and after a while my uncle called my name and asked me to get down.I immediately got down.In fraction of seconds my uncle questioned where is "Akshara" ?. I was questioning him back where is she ? .I thought she got down with you.My uncle got tensed ,he quickly banged the bus to stop it as soon as possible.He called "Akshara" are you there ? ,promptly she replied yes I am,get down we have reached our stop.
You are so responsible Ashwini,he started blasting me. Akshara is too young and it is your duty to take care of her when she is with you.Sorry mama I completely forgot as I was in a rush to get down.

I believe it is a natural tendency for any of us to forget even people when we are in rush.

4 comments:

  1. Ashwini, I heard from that friend that he felt sorry about that incident.. But I dont' think he is such a nice guy anyway.. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeen...do tell him he needn't feel sorry for such small small things...But I think he is a nice guy..wat say :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do not think he is a nice guy since he was remebering to call you till he reach office and forget totally about that

    ReplyDelete