Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Me and TM

I completed six months with toastmasters club (http://www.toastmasters.org/).I had lots of learning from this club . I considered myself as a good speaker until I came across maginificient and seniour most speakers in this quorum.


I was attending the toastmasters meeting as a guest for one and half months and later enrolled as a member.I feel touted as I have surpassed my senior members in the first level (Competent Communicator).Lots of appreciation from my club president and vice president for compeleting ten speeches in short span of time.

What I like the most about this club is the committement and dedication each members have in the weekly meetings. We have different roles assigned to people and every time people try to do something different and innovative. Say for example if a person is assigned the role of " Wordmaster / Grammarian ",the roles expectation is to track the usage of "Word of the Day" and good usuage of english. What can one do differently in this role was I thought when I had to fill in this role during one of my colleagues absence? But Carl (amazing personality) proved me wrong.
I still remember the word he got when he was assigned the role.The word of the day was "Sultry" and the printout he had got to explain the meaning of this word was awesome as he had expressed the meaning of the word using images, which none of us so far dared to do.

As rightly said by Pepsi Co CEO Indra Nooyi, don't think about your next assignment but think how effectively you can perform your current assignment.
Thats exactly what our tartan club members do for toastmasters meeting.

No comments:

Post a Comment