Friday, August 7, 2009

My second visit to Serenity

Today I visited Serenity Dental for the second time. This time I visited the clinic for filling my wisdom teeth. I love spending time in this clinic as the ambience is surrounded with archaic potteries, artistic work and thought provoking quotes.

I reached there close to 7.55 A.M; I had to wait for ten minutes. I quickly took a book and started reading an article on climate change. I was totally amazed to know that “Soot” impure carbon form was another villain for our global warming and climate change. Meanwhile

Dental Hygienists called my name, I ran to the book rack to place it on the same shelve from where I grabbed from. She gave me a big smile and asked “How are you doing today” and I gave my usual reply good very good how about you? I always appreciated Americans for their friendly attitude and honest conversations. They make you feel you very comfortable.

She was questioning me a lot about my short hair; few of my friends who visited the same clinic had long hair so she was under the impression that Indian gals only have long hair. I thought of giving examples from my role models list such as Kiran Bedi, Indira Nooyi , Priyanka Gandhi and Barkha Dutt with boy cut but as I was in a rush to be back in office by 9 A.M,I kept my conversation short.

She made me sit on the reclining chair and played ‘Madagacar” movie after knowing that I was a great aficionado of Dreamworks animated movies. I got totally obsessed with the movie that I didn’t feel any pinch of tooth ache during the cleaning. My tooth cleaning was done within 45 minutes.

Then I had to move to another room for teeth filling .My dentist inquired me “Did you find everything ok today “another trademark question in America. I just nodded my head as my hygienist was digging my mouth to set things for the filling. My dentist requested to raise my left hand if I had any problems/pain with the porcelain filling.

I quietly whispered sure will let you know. Within 10 mins I got my filling done.

And she asked me to come back after 6 months for a general check up.

My tooth looked awesome after the filling.

1 comment:

  1. Guru, Is this your first post? I started at your latest and read few and now I am very curious to read your first post.

    I might not be the right person to comment on your posts, as am 0. But the posts admires me a lot. You are a real Guru!!!

    ReplyDelete