Saturday, August 22, 2009

Bless US Ganesha

Today my roommate bought Ganesh Idol from MN Hindu Temple for tomorrow's Vinayak Chaturthi. We were fortunate to have him. His arrival to our home was totally unanticipated.
Until yesterday we only had plans of taking a print out of his photo. We even forgot to get his photo printout as we were caught in production issues on Friday evening. The only last option left with us was to sketch him, I still remember the days in my childhood when I used to sketch Lord Ganesh in different poses every year. After ninth standard I got busy with my studies and I hardly found any time for drawing.

My dad has the habit of learning anything through observation. Probably I inherited that quality from him. For two - three years I molded God Ganesh with my fingers in clay. I observed few of my seniors creating Lord Vinayak when I was waiting for my dad's pick up from tuition. The every next week I demanded my dad to get me some moist clay and he had no clue why I wanted those. He would have taught, his daughter wanted clay to create some funny dolls. When I was done with Lord Vinayak, he and my mom were stupefied. I got the freedom to mould Lord Vinayak for two-three Vinayak Chathurthi's. As I had lots of commitment in studies, I couldn't take care him in his consecutive birthdays.

We have planned to prepare kolukattai and sundal tomorrow morning at 6 A.M, hopefully we would get up on time as it being Sunday. My only prayer this year is...give everyone the strength to fight against all evils in their life.

No comments:

Post a Comment