Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Restless day

I slept at 2.45 A.M in the morning, as I had evening nap the previous day I was finding it very strenuous to sleep in the night. Slept late, got up late and reached office tardive.
I normally attend one of our business meetings every Tuesday morning at 9 A.M. In this meeting we have people from three different teams who share their knowledge on the ordering system. So far there weren't any major issues related to my application and sometimes I felt why I was attending these meetings when there was nothing to discuss about my work. As I was surefooted I will not be able to make up on time for today’s weekly meeting, I decided to decline the meeting invite.
Our luck , in my team's absence they faced some critical issue wherein no data was sent from our application to the order management system.
I and one of our client started delving in this issue, we had to interact with other teams to resolve this issue.
I was trying to push the load to the Ordering system, one person from infrastructure team came to take my laptop for virus scanning, I was without laptop for 5 hours.
I was shuttling from place to place to use my colleagues machine during their lunch and break times. We had chats with DBA, BA and other team members. I was feeling to rest for a while, I felt completely jaded and was longing to catch a wink.
But my state was totally helpless today, when I was looking into one issue, another issue popped up. And all issues were of high importance and needed prompt attention. My head started spinning and badly wanted a break.

Went for a walk to grab some water from the cafeteria. Came back and in sometime I got my laptop back. I started to expedite my resolving process. Finally during the one hour meeting at 3 P.M, I completed most of my pending stuff except for one urgent script execution, which I would work on tomorrow.

After reaching home I had to execute few jobs and was preparing myself for discussing one requirement with my offshore team. The day was very restless that I hardly found anytime to have my food properly. I felt absolutely discontented today.

Hope to have a sound sleep tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment