Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Value of Family

My day started off with three calls to hospital schedule department. First time I called them; the attendant could barely hear me and asked me to speak little louder. I strained my throat and spoke little louder. After 2-3 minutes of conversation, she said I need to contact my clinic to fix an appointment with my primary doctor.
I immediately dialed in my clinic number, again people had difficulty in making out what I was trying to convey, as my voice was very feeble. This time the clinic people gave me a new number and had asked me to contact the provided number. I tried reaching the schedule department and I raised my voice too high that cleared my throat block. I thanked god and immediately packed my things to reach office.

The day was amazing with client potluck in the afternoon and birthday party in the evening. I had my last music class this year. I had signed the Christmas card for my sir. I intentionally or unintentionally had attached a word Family to his name. I handed over the card and was curious to see his reaction. I asked him to open the card. He smiled and said as you have given this card to me and my family, I would like to read this card along with my family and not now. Only then I understood the meaning of the word family.

No comments:

Post a Comment