Friday, December 4, 2009

Trusted counselor

When life seems blindfolded, when you are in complete dilemma and when you are not sure what to do next. When you are in such a situation similar to the one that I faced couple of months back, it is highly recommended to have a friendly mentor to guide you properly. It is very important to identify a mentor who is very concerned about your growth and who can show empathy for your feelings. I was privileged to get one. I still remember the first time I and my mentor met to discuss about my future and seek a way to get out of my tough situation. The first time when I talked to him, I was feeling very depressed, I had a total mental block and wasn't even willing to open up much to him. I had no clue what I was doing and what I was willing to do. I bothered much about my big struggles to get small things in life. I hated myself at one point of time. Our first met had a greater impact on me. My mentor’s directions were closely associated with my interest. I loved to follow his instructions. I started to look life in different dimension. After his guidance I have ramped up and progressed a lot.

Sometimes I wished I had someone like him in my family. As my Dad was always very busy with lots of activities, I hardly got a chance to speak up any matter to him. Today when I met my mentor, I saw a big smile on his face. He was happy to see a trace of confidence and optimism in my face.

I am now navigating in the directions of my respectful mentor.

No comments:

Post a Comment