Sunday, December 27, 2009

Scary Flashback

We gathered for one of our friend’s birthday today evening at 6 P.M. We experienced usual face painting with birthday cake, chit-chat, ragging and group photo sessions. There was one of our little friends who spoke nothing and maintained silence for more than an hour. Our friend ignored to talk, smile or play. I was only curious to know why he was not mingling well with everyone in the party. His mother narrated a scary flash back that happened with him few years ago. It looks like our little friend in one of the birthday parties was tortured in absence of his parents. Our little friends hair was pulled, his eyes were touched with fingers and don't know what else happened with him. He was mentally affected from then on. It is little weird to even imagine such things in such a tender age. Now I totally understand for his taciturn reaction to people in such parties. He slowly opened up at the end of the party. Felt happy for his recovery. Few dreadful incidences leave irremovable stains in our minds.

I can recall lot of incidences that I had undergone when I was a kid. This incident lingers in my mind quite often. I was afraid of water and was still put in swimming classes. After 10 days of basic training one had to dive from the spring board. I was extremely afraid to do so and in between the class I ran towards my mother and hugged her. My sir pulled me back to the spring board and in a second he pushed me from the board. I closed my eyes, opened my mouth and didn’t realize that I was sinking in the 15 feet swimming pool. Usually people after they dive they come back in few seconds and there was no sign of me returning back to the surface of water. Suspiciously my sir dived in, to see what was happening with me, I was almost about to touch the ground of the pool. He pulled my hair and got me back to the surface of the pool. From then, I have a strong aversion for swimming though I love to play in water these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment