Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Rating

One of my friend while returning back home, said he got his USTA league year end rating. He was little unhappy for his promotion to the next level as he felt he still hasn't burned out many players in the current level. I was only thinking to check my rating the moment I reach home while driving in the car. I came home running like a crazy dog and desperately opened my laptop. I needn't do any of my usual stuff of placing my bags, gloves, coat at the appropriate place. I threw everything to one corner and was waiting for my machine to boot up. I opened my Gmail account and checked top to bottom to ensure I haven't missed out any mail from USTA. I found no mail from USTA mentioning about my year end rating. I saw one of my tennis friend online, I immediately pinged him to know why they never sent me one. He too had no clue about the rating system and said let us wait for a while and see if you get your rating.

He forwarded his rating mail from USTA to my Gmail account and the following count was little shocking to me. I never imagined such a high number for USTA leagues.

"Of the 300,000+ league players nationally, more than 90,000 will be seeing movement in their NTRP rating that should coincide with their appropriate skills."

No comments:

Post a Comment