Thursday, December 31, 2009

Glorious 2009

I made a big blunder on the 1st day of 2009. We had celebration at home and paid a visit to near by temple. On New Year one of friends had requested me to teach key board. I was little hesitant and was absolutely not willing to teach him. I felt very bad at the start of 2009. I had several reasons for saying "NO" to him but my mind still haunted for the fact that I was not helping or allowing my friend to learn something new. It was wrong on my part to thump the interest of my friend. I really didn’t mean to discourage him, but I didn't feel like teaching something in which I am just a novice player. It would be unfair on my part to say “Yes" to him when I have already denied many others request. This incident somehow troubled me a lot this year.

2009 New Year started with mixed feelings. As days passed by all my wishes came true. I was longing to be a part of USTA and FMSC, 2009 opened the doors to such opportunities. I got in touch with my old pals through Orkut, Facebook and Twitter. I am back to my friends circle now. I made lots of new friends this year through toastmaster, tennis, festival potlucks and annual party. I accomplished my goal of completing 10 speeches in TTM. Job wise I was bit satisfied for jumping from technical side to business side. This year I certainly added few good habits to my routine life in 2009.

on the flip side I still haven't focused much on my weak areas. I have only progressed 10% from the initial plan that I had for the year 2009. My health was very badly affected this year. Eye scratch during skiing, thumb smash while closing the car door, cold, fever, and finally pink eye.
Was I really happy the whole year? Is still a question mark? I have an unquenched thirst for something in life, not sure when I will accomplish the same. In spite of all obstacles, I should learn to be happy at least in 2010.

Every year I have the habit of writing down my New Year resolution and goals in the diary gifted by my parents or grandparents. From last year I have been storing my resolutions and goals online and mailing across to my close friends, who keep track of my progress. This year too I would follow the same trend. I have lot more commitments and responsibilities, hope things would favor me in the coming year.

Wish you all a splendid new year filled with new challenges and exuberance.

No comments:

Post a Comment