Monday, December 28, 2009

Pink Eye

My day was little bad, I messed up things here and there. Only thing I got done today was my eye check up. I was in a dilemma whether to visit the doctor or not. Finally made up my mind to pay a visit to know what caused my eye to swell, redden and cry.

My appointment got delayed by 20 minutes and I skimmed through few magazines during my wait time in the hospital. My name was called at 5.45 P.M. I first had to go through a reading test. I couldn't read any of the medium sized letters from a short distance. Couple of week’s back I was able to read the same during my annual eye check up. I was shocked to know that something screwed up my vision completely. The doctor flashed lights from different directions and finally concluded that my eye was affected with Conjunctivitis viral infection, which is usually referred as Madras eye or Pink eye.
He said well you visited a doctor; otherwise you would have spread this infection to everyone in the office premises. He prescribed a eye drop and asked me to apply regularly for seven days.

What I thought was a small trouble in my eyes, would have affected a bigger group if unexamined. I didn't regret much for missing my tennis practice session yesterday, not sure to how many people I would have passed on this contagious infection.

No comments:

Post a Comment