Thursday, December 17, 2009

Only Indian Dish

Last year during this time we had our holiday potluck. There were many from the client side. The group was big; hall was huge and the table was lined up with plenty of food items. Everyone was on time for the whole day potluck. While having our lunch we had a round of self introduction.

I loved the potluck last year compared to this year. Today I went to the potluck gathering room close to 11 A.M. I was the first person to enter the room. I could only see lined up trays with western food on the medium sized rectangular shaped table. I kept checking the time as the potluck was scheduled between 11-1. I placed my bowl on the table and soon realized mine was the only Indian dish in the entire list of food items. I decided to leave as no one showed up on time. Meanwhile a lanky lady stopped by to grab some food and mentioned she was planning to eat at her desk. I too decided to do the same thing. When I filled my plate with variety of dishes, many people started to pitch in. I made two new friends through this potluck. I needn't know many so our conversations were pretty tight lipped.

In sometime one of my colleagues entered the room, sign of relief to see a person from the same origin. He too found that the potluck lacked zest. We tried to complete our lunch soon and left the spot as early as we could. This potluck wasn't too enjoyable. Not sure why the participation and the enthusiasm level decreased this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment