Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Other Side

We landed up late by a minute for today's match. But my opponent team was kind enough to permit us play the match after negotiating for a penalty of two game points. I had no time for my warm ups I directly jumped to play the set with a starting score of 0-2. The match was tough and I gave my best to level my point with my opponent's score. I covered all corners of the court and for the first time I felt I was running like Serena Williams from one side to other to return the shots. After every point I had to take a break as our rallies ran for long minutes. I lost my first set with a difference of two points and in the second set; we had to abandon our match due to unavailability of court after 7.30. I felt very disappointed for stopping the match half way through. After all this I chit-chatted with my opponent and came to know that she was fifty years old and also conveyed she has a daughter of my age. I was bit shocked and a lot ashamed for not able to catch up with her running speed in my young age. I was thinking how agile I would be when I would turn fifty.

I complained about missing warm ups and scoring less points against an old lady to my captain. My captain drew many positive points from what happened. My captain mentioned warm ups before the match would have wasted some amount of your energy, skipping warm ups sometimes helps you to perform better. And for losing a set against an old lady is a great experience for you. Think it this way in this age you have competed with the most experienced person and when you grow old you will be damn experienced to play this sport. This consolation from my captain has now made me to look for positive aspects in each match.

No comments:

Post a Comment