Sunday, June 13, 2010

BlogStep#1

It is now time for me to start my count down to end tracking of my daily personal activities. My last blog in this site would be on 23rd July 2010, I have close to 49 posts to reach my initial target count of 360. I will try covering my blogging inspiration in between these 49 posts. Today I would just cover how and who motivated me to blog.

English is the subject that I hated the most during my school and college days. I remember the days when my dad used to bang my head with Wren Martin grammar book at four in the morning. He trained me hard but nothing related to grammar seeped into my mind. I hate writing essays and stories for English exams. I would land up scoring less mark in this favorite subject of mine. As I grew up I gradually understood the importance of this powerful language.

Importance of communication without this language across countries is undoubtedly difficult. Now I regret a lot for not grasping what my dad taught me early morning each day. As I love reading compared to writing I kept reading online materials.

I have been thinking to work on my writing skills for quite sometime but never got the determination to do so. One day someone indirectly sparked my mind. Yearly once we have tennis tournament conducted in MN. And as a part of this event we blog everyday's match covering the full details of the players. Once it so happened that none of the organizers could post for one of the matches played on a particular day. We later had to recommend one of our friends who witnessed the match to write few lines about the match. I was inspired by this person who set a benchmark for my writing skills. He documented the details in just 30 minutes. I was impressed and highly motivated by his noble-minded writing talent.

This incident was the starting point for me to step into blogging area.

No comments:

Post a Comment