Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Adjustment

It is good to fix appointments\reservations well in advance in hospitals and restaurants but at the same time is also essential to make adjustments when needed. Last year, even though I started pretty early from office I landed up late for my eye check up as I was caught in very bad weather. I was not shown any mercy for being late but was only asked to either postpone or cancel the appointment. Such things are bit flexible in India were people try their level best to accommodate facilities when needed. In India one will not feel disappointed if they were late due to unavoidable reasons. Some kind of adjustments are always made to satisfy the customer in India, whereas in U.S no matter even if president Barack Obama shows up at the closing time of a restaurant the employees would only chuck you out by stating it is the closing time. This was the hot topic for today's discussion during dinner time.

No comments:

Post a Comment