Saturday, November 21, 2009

Stepping Five

My heart was heavy while vacating my old apartment. I have some kind of bond towards this apartment. I have been staying as full time tenant for the past 7.5 months, before that I used to occasionally visit this apartment as a guest. I have stayed alone and have also been with couple of roommates in this wonderful place. Few memorable incidences in this apartment are as follows:


1.Brownie incident - My roommate tried brownie for the first time in the oven, we set the required temperature and closed the oven. We continued our cooking for lunch and we could see few fumes from the oven, at first we weren't too skeptical about anything going wrong. In some time we started sensing burning smell and immediately we opened the oven. We saw a small fire inside the oven. Both of us were panicking a bit and we had no clue how to put off the fire without a extinguisher. We poured water and to our dismay the fire instead of going down it started to aggravate. We reached out to our neighbors and in sometime everything was fine. It was new experience for me and my roommate.
2. Awards - I won many accolades after shifting to this place.
3. No worries - There was a time when I was under financial crunch, prayed God and the very next day I heard from one of my friend that she was flying to MN and was willing to stay with me. Every time I thought I had a problem, the very next day it got resolved, which made me live a easy and peaceful life.
4. I love being with big group of friends and this house always opened the opportunity to be with people almost every weekend. Memorable one was when new people pitched in our house for cutting vegetables.
5. Independent - As this place is surrounded with bus stop, shopping center and library. I no longer depended on my friends to buy the weekly grocers.

My stay was just amazing, I lived life in my way and enjoyed every second in this apartment.

Today I moved to a new apartment numbered 14 (1+4 =5) and building number 2030(2+0+3+0=5) joining my fifth roommate.

No comments:

Post a Comment