Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Lucky Day

Everybody in our building were awakened by an half hour fire alarm at 2.15A.M,we found it very difficult to sleep with an loud noise. I couldn't sleep properly for the next one hour, I crawled and was trying hard to sleep. By the time I was catching a wink, offshore called me up. I spoke to them in sleep and it was almost 8 A.M by then. I was not willing to go to office today. I was damn exhausted and badly wanted to sleep. Hesitantly reached office and attended couple of meetings in the morning. When I was in a serious discussion with my TL, I received a call from my thick friend, I ignored the call and continued our talk. Again heard my desk phone ring, this time my TL gave me the permission to answer the call. I didn't have our usual free-and-easy conversation, I quickly said hi-hello and had to cut the call in couple of minutes.

I was counting my minutes to pack home and in a rush forgot my mobile at my desk, my teammates started to pull my leg while travelling back home in the car and kept asking where I missed my mobile. I had no mood even to worry about my mobile, I only felt like going home and stretching out myself. We reached home our usual time and one of our neighbour cum friend popped home with her mushroom curry. We kept it aside for dinner and immediately got ready for a birthday party. On the way to my friends place I got a call from my close friend. First question she posed me was, are you busy? and without any hesitation I said yes. I was feeling little bad as we couldn't converse much even today. Coincidentally for the past two weeks I was unable to talk to most of my friends as I always received their calls at the wrong time. Sometime people think that I pretending to me very busy but honestly I am very busy these days.

I had my ELT friend call me in the night, again I couldn't answer her call as I was talking to offshore. In between one of my friend had stopped by at our place with a bowl of vegetable salad. I missed the chance to talk to him too.

Overall I missed all narrow chances to talk to my friends.But still feel lucky this day as I am happy to know that there are many benign people who really care for me even when I regret to get in touch with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment