Monday, November 16, 2009

Personal Planning

One has to appreciate American's for their advance planning and the time balance between family and work. They enjoy every small thing in the world. Before I came to U.S I totally had a different perception about their life style. I still remember my first meeting in Dec 07 when I heard my clients say Ashwini, we need to add you in next years weekly meeting invite, I was under shock to know that my client manager had sent out the meeting request for the entire 2008 year by Nov 07. Internally I thought "it was too much of advance planning" . Even our client lunch treat invites are sent a month ahead, giving us a chance to plan our activities well ahead of time. Only when things are hyper critical our clients send out a short notice meeting request.
Now that I have become little addict of Friends serial, I can only set Monica Galler as an perfect example of planning and organizing.

Today my client taught me to plan my personal things even better by sending across her personalized calendar for the next year. Day by day I am becoming a immaculate planner.

No comments:

Post a Comment