Friday, July 9, 2010

Boozy D

I heard this word for the first time from my onsite coordinator when I was at offshore few years back. He was inquiring about the annual party from me and threw a blunt question did you booze in the party? The word booze sounded like sizzle to me and I replied back saying yes I did. His voice appeared as if he smirked and continued his questions what did you booze? This question now alerted me that booze has something to do with drinking but I didn't know what drink. I thought I gave him a safe answer by mentioning about water but I was wrong. He continued to shoot the next question which brand? That made me realize he was referring booze as "alcoholic beverage" whereas I interpreted booze as the verb "drink". From then on whenever people mention about booze I knew what they were referring to.

Now how would the situation be if a boozy driver pulls his heavy vehicle, smashes the objects on the road, tries to approach your car as close as possible without giving any indication and pretends as if nothing existed adjacent to his vehicle, bit scary isn't it?.

I had this strange experience today. I am generally afraid of people who booze but after staying at onsite and going for happy hours with clients I only thought most of the Americans enjoy boozing and they consider boozing as one of the socializing occasion. But today's incident makes me rethink about my thought on people who drink. I never ever even dreamt a construction worker who is completely drunk to drive late night that too in front of the cops. Now I get a complete understanding why transportation department insists to avoid driving when drunk.

No comments:

Post a Comment