Wednesday, July 7, 2010

2nd Time

Last night this time I was almost dead in bed. My stomach was empty and head was heavy. For a second I felt not to think about offshore calls, office work and my personal routine. This incident made me realize how careless I have been straining my body without giving it sufficient rest. It was bit unexpected that I held my head with both my hands and my face flinched while dining out to celebrate our last match for this season. Before reaching the restaurant I was complaining about severe neck pain to my captain and after we reached the spot I was completely speechless. My whole team stared at me as I was making weird expressions. My team members thought dehydration and neck pain probably could have caused me to suffer from headache, thereby everyone tried their trick on my pain. One suggested me to drink plenty of water, few rushed to get me bag of ice and few others cracked jokes to relax my mind. Nothing was having any effect on me. I only wanted to crash myself for an undisturbed sleep. I thought after having meal I would be fine. But I went blank for a while and couldn't realize what was happening around me.

Seeing my state my captain immediately fixed an appointment with chiropractor. My captain quickly paid the bill and pulled me in the car to reach the chiropractor's residence. We drove for long and all of sudden something really troubled me and wanted the car to be stopped. Even during this time my captain was passing some funny comments and the very next second I vomited in the car. After a break we continued our travel to the therapist house. The therapist checked my blood pressure and heart beat rate and then continued with his massage on my neck. Unfortunately nothing seemed to make me better. They arranged for a bucket next to my place to avoid me rushing to the rest room every time to vomit. I met this guy and his family for the first time but everyone in his house were compassionate even during their sleep time. He was another cool guy who was trying to relive by pain by mentioning "Ashwani" it is better you stop serving at 125 mph and start taking tennis bit easy. He sincerely advised me to stop straining myself for at least a week. I was lying on the bed for an hour or so, later without any alternative treatments I had to pull myself to travel back home. Reached home to pull a pillow and sleep immediately. Before I slept I ensured to communicate to my dependents not to disturb me till the next day afternoon.

Second time in my life I have gone through such a miserable state. Unlike last time I had many to help me out this time. Yesterday's incident made me perceive how quickly one should react when someone says "they are not feeling well".

No comments:

Post a Comment