Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Strange Exp

This morning I could only view the hair of the person standing outside our apartment through the lens. As I was rushing to leave for office, I never even bothered to inquire and quickly opened the door thinking it was one of my friends. To my dismay I saw a middle aged lady holding a crushed piece of paper. She politely asked if she could make a call from my phone. I was not willing to take even 0% risk of letting a stranger in our house; I made up some stories to get rid of her. I locked the door and left to office. On the way I was only thinking what if I lost my mobile in an outing and had to reach my friend, for sure I would have also begged a stranger to make a call. I felt little bad for not helping the woman who knocked our door today but at the same time I cannot risk my personal security in a foreign country. It was a very different and unusual experience for me with the lady.

No comments:

Post a Comment