Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Cope Up

Yesterday my captain kept advising me to wear shorts while playing tennis during summer. She said it is very hot here and as your parents are not around, I think you shouldn't have any issues wearing shorts in U.S. She was very concern that I would get heat stroke if I covered myself completely in this muggy climate. I was explaining how conservative people are from the southern part of the India. She was very insistent to adapt to American culture and climate when needed. And today one of my clients is willing to pull me to taste alcoholic drink. Sometime I really find it hard to cope up with such extreme culture difference in India and America. It is a big challenge for me to be firm and inviolable and stick to our rich Indian culture in U.S.

No comments:

Post a Comment