Monday, May 24, 2010

Abbreviation

I went to meet someone this morning to say I missed to do one of my assigned task. I was very afraid to even mention this to him. I prayed God several times today before opening up this matter to him. He was cool and completely understood my situation and said never mind even I have done such things in the past. That was a sign of relief to me. We later continued to talk about abbreviations and he expressed his difficulty to understand the short forms such as 2mrw and mwc. I took a piece of paper and wrote down the full form of the shortened word. I still remember my first e-mail to one of my clients stating "PFA document". I kept mailing several times with the same abbreviation and assumed they knew the full form of PFA, after couple of months when we met for the team outing, she quietly asked "Ashwini" what does "PFA" stand for and said She came across that word quite often in my mails, that made me understand that not many people in U.S are accustomed to abbreviations.

No comments:

Post a Comment