Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Wat a Chng

There was a time when I never talked to anyone in my mother tongue. Even if people posed me questions or conversed with me in Tamil I always replied back in English. Many, for that fact even thought I was a non-native Tamil speaker. Many still tease me for talking in English during work hours. Some even say I display ostentation. I ignored everyone’s comment as I was just following my small accomplishable goals in life. As I wanted to improve my English speaking fluency, I traced out all possible occasions where I can talk to people in English. And office was one of those special spots. In today's meeting one of my friends who is a Tamilan asked me a project related question in English and I replied him back in Tamil. I can’t believe it is me who has changed so much in two years span.

No comments:

Post a Comment